Why Germantown, MD?
Germantown is situated in the northwest section of Montgomery County, Maryland, north of the Capital Beltway (I-495) along Interstate 270. Fueled by the rapid population growth and emergent mix of commercial development, Germantown has become the most vibrant submarket in the DC Metro region.
- An abundant, highly-skilled and well educated workforce
- A central location just off I-270
- Quality housing, schools and amenities
- Easy access to three major airports and rail transportation
If your company is looking to improve overall quality of life with a reduced commute for your employees, the question should really be “Why Not Germantown?”
Germantown is the fastest growing area of Montgomery County and the third most populous area in the State of Maryland with 90,676 residents. Since 2000, the area has recorded a 57% population growth. With 750 multi-family units delivered last year, the county’s first new hospital in 35 years now open, 200,000 square foot retail development anchored by Wegman’s, and TopGolf coming in 2018, Germantown is poised to remain one of Washington, DC’s fastest growing submarkets.
- Unemployment in Germantown is at 3.70%, well below the Maryland average at 5.3% and the national average of 5.40%.
- Over the past 10 years, Germantown had job growth of 28.12% compared to Bethesda at 3.7%, Gaithersburg at 19.95%, Rockville at 22.72%, and Washington DC at 13.5%.
- Job growth in Germantown is projected to increase by 38.87% over the next 10 years.
- According to CNN Money, the average job growth for the top “100 Cities to Live” in the country was 25.01%. Germantown ranked 24th overall in their poll.